Expand your skill set into the world of animation! Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a nine-week experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. As a Talent Development intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on individual craft and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
The 2019 Summer Intern program will be held at our Burbank, CA studio starting June 2019. To be eligible for the Walt Disney Animation Studios Internship, you must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student who will return to school in the fall of 2019.
Visual Development Artists provide the foundation for all the visuals in our films. They provide designs for characters, environments, color and cinematography. They inform story though drawings and paintings that depict mood, atmosphere and staging. Artists are also often called upon to provide presentation work for projects in development that illustrate visual potential and excitement.
- Website and/or uploaded PDF portfolio
- Character and/or environmental designs in a range of styles and archetypes, all with specific and clear personality, storytelling, and appeal
- Work that demonstrate a wide range of technique, from classical to stylized with strong sense of composition, color theory, and narrative (preferably with characters interacting in the environments)
- Life drawings and sketches a plus
How to Apply:
- Create or update your profile and apply online
- Resume with month and year of expected graduation date
- Portfolio in PDF format and/or website
Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student returning to school in the fall. Deadline for applications is January 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer