APPLY AS AN INTERN AT WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS
Are you a current or recent student studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film?
Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking for interns for their 2020 Summer Internship Program. As a Talent Development intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking
Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a ten week program with seven different categories to apply for.
The internship form Sámi areas can apply for a10.000$ travel grant, funded by The Saami Council and the Sámi parliaments. The applicant must have Sámi background, meets Disney's requirements for internships and have a plan for how to bring the knowledge back to the Sami community, such as through social media, lectures etc. Write an application, max 1 page, explaining your applicant basis and how you would like to bring your knowledge back to the Sami community. Send your application for travel grant marked with "WDAS internship” to: email@example.com.
Deadline for application(s) and travel grant is January 13, 2020 at 09:00 Swedish/Norwegian time and 10:00 Finnish time.
Contact info for travel grant:
Christina Hætta, Sámiráđđi
Real-Time Rendering Intern, Summer 2020
At Walt Disney Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. Engineers in our Production Technology department are charged with developing and implementing new tools and algorithms to solve unique and challenging problems for all of our movies. We do this working alongside a userbase that shares a building with us, and uses the code we develop to make our feature films.
In this role, you will partner with artists, production and technology leadership, technical directors, cross-team software engineers, and other technologists and researchers across the Walt Disney Studios. You will be designing and implementing innovative workflows and state of the art solutions motivated by our new long-term vision for Walt Disney Animation Studios.
As part of a small but focused real-time rendering team you will work with developers to provide real-time preview rendering and interaction capabilities for artists. This will test your skills in OpenGL and C++ coding, real-time rendering, and collaboration as you explore new ways to preview the final-quality film assets in real-time. The goal of the internship will be to extend preview rendering capabilities to allow artists to efficiently interact with their scene data. This may include tasks such as prototyping:
- Real-Time Rendering Architectures
- Ambient Occlusion algorithms
- Motion Blur approaches
- Vulkan implementations
- Onion Skinning features
- Anti-Aliasing implementations
- Real-Time Area Lights and Shadows
- Proficiency in C++, ideally C++11/14
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs such as OpenGL or DirectX or Vulkan
- Proficiency in Shading Languages such as GLSL, HLSL
- The ability to quickly produce clear, testable code
- Understanding of the importance of performant solutions for user interaction
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Understanding of computer graphics foundational concepts, and algorithms
- Good mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods
- Knowledge of animation, graphics techniques and algorithms
- Familiarity with current research in Real-Time Rendering
- Understanding of coding for GPU architectures eg CUDA, OpenCL
- Experience with multi-threading APIs such as Intel’s TBB and OpenMP
- Familiarity with USD and Hydra
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate Level student pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in a Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
How To Apply
- Complete information and application for Travel Grant
- Register to create a profile and apply on the Walt Disney Animation Studios site (see below)
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer