APPLY AS AN INTERN AT WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS
Are you a current or recent student studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film?
Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking for interns for their 2020 Summer Internship Program. As a Talent Development intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking
Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a ten week program with seven different categories to apply for.
The internship form Sámi areas can apply for a10.000$ travel grant, funded by The Saami Council and the Sámi parliaments. The applicant must have Sámi background, meets Disney's requirements for internships and have a plan for how to bring the knowledge back to the Sami community, such as through social media, lectures etc. Write an application, max 1 page, explaining your applicant basis and how you would like to bring your knowledge back to the Sami community. Send your application for travel grant marked with "WDAS internship” to: email@example.com.
Deadline for application(s) and travel grant is January 13, 2020 at 09:00 Swedish/Norwegian time and 10:00 Finnish time.
Contact info for travel grant:
Christina Hætta, Sámiráđđi
Technology Research Graduate Intern, Summer 2020
The Research group at Walt Disney Animation Studios is responsible for scientific and technological innovation that typically goes beyond the horizon of any single production. The group acts as a liaison to Disney Research and works in collaboration with both academia, artists and other stakeholders to invent algorithms and tools that will help shape the future of film making.
As a technology research intern you will be working on cutting edge research to help turn technical insight into Disney magic. Your job will be to explore new ideas in a scientific fashion through systematic experimentation and documentation. All projects require the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with good communication skills being essential. Successful projects may lead to publications and in some cases ongoing collaborations.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Expertise in one of the following areas :
- Modeling and simulation of frictional contact
- Continuum mechanics and constitutive modeling
- Nonlinear optimization
- Machine learning
- Compressed sensing
- Multigrid methods
- Data compression
- High performance computing
- Performance modeling
- Proficiency with all of the following : C++, Matlab or Mathematica, Linux
- Graduate level student pursuing a Master's or PhD from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher
How To Apply
- Complete information and application for Travel Grant
- Register to create a profile and apply on the Walt Disney Animation Studios site (see below)
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer