APPLY AS AN INTERN AT WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS
Are you a current or recent student studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film?
Walt Disney Animation Studios is looking for interns for their 2020 Summer Internship Program. As a Talent Development intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking
Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a ten week program with seven different categories to apply for.
The internship form Sámi areas can apply for a10.000$ travel grant, funded by The Saami Council and the Sámi parliaments. The applicant must have Sámi background, meets Disney's requirements for internships and have a plan for how to bring the knowledge back to the Sami community, such as through social media, lectures etc. Write an application, max 1 page, explaining your applicant basis and how you would like to bring your knowledge back to the Sami community. Send your application for travel grant marked with "WDAS internship” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application(s) and travel grant is January 13, 2020 at 09:00 Swedish/Norwegian time and 10:00 Finnish time.
Contact info for travel grant:
Christina Hætta, Sámiráđđi
INTERN, TECHNOLOGY TOOLS - SUMMER 2020
The Tech Studio Tools group is responsible for software used by the editorial and story departments. As such, we develop tools used by the editors to interface with the rest of production and by the story artists to develop their stories.
We are a small group who develop on Linux, MacOS, and iOS. We work with our users to understand their needs and then develop tools to help make their lives easier and make them more productive. As part of this group you will:
● Work with mentors to develop approaches to explore and tackle technical challenges.
● Build a set of reference data to be used in testing.
● Research and investigate new ideas, building prototypes and validating results.
● Work closely with Artists and Technical team members to understand workflows and propose solutions.
● Familiarity with Linux and/or MacOS development tools
● Good knowledge of C++
● Working knowledge of Python
● Good communication skills
● Experience working with 3rd party audio libraries
● Knowledge of signal processing
● Experience in Machine Learning
● Understanding of on-line non-linear editing
Sophomore, Junior or Senior Level undergraduate student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduation) pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, Applied Math, or related field.
How To Apply
- Complete information and application for Travel Grant
- Register to create a profile and apply on the Walt Disney Animation Studios site (see below)
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer